I am beautiful is pageant for boys and girls that have had a harder time in life but it's their time now to shine and show the world just how beautiful they are.
This pageant is a fundraiser for the Best Buddies Tennessee Memphis chapter. Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities often have great difficulty in making friends, leading to a life of loneliness and isolation in the communities in which they live. Best Buddies alters that path by serving as a lifeline of joy and fulfillment through one-to-one friendships with their non-disabled peers. The effects of these friendships are innumerable-whether it's first time experiences with a friend like going to the movies and celebrating a birthday, or improving communication skills, securing a successful job, or learning to ride a bike, the impact is undeniable. Best Buddies is shaping our communities, changing attitudes, and creating a powerful movement towards the acceptance and inclusion of those with differences.
It is our hope that this pageant will continue to grow each year and encourage one-to-one friendships for people with disabilities.
Please see attached application to enter.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
1. The pageant will be held on August 30, 2014, at approximately 5:00pm. It will follow the Delta Fair Queen Pageant. Participants must be present and checked in 1 hour prior to pageant, 4:00 pm.
2. This is a charity fundraiser pageant that is non-contractual, so we can participate in other pageants this year, and is for girls and boys of all ages.
3. We are required to purchase a ticket for admission to the Delta Fair for each participant, attendants, and their family members attending the pageant.
4. There is no promise of a cash prize or gifts of any sort, as this is a charity pageant, but each participant will be awarded a token of appreciation for their appearance.
5. There will be 1 male winner, King of the Fair, and 1 female winner, Miss Sweetheart of the Fair.
6. The pageant winner agrees to allow the pageant directors and the Delta Fair Association to use her/his picture or likeness on posters, websites, and other promotional materials as shall be solely determined by the pageant directors.
7. We will in no way hold the program, organization, or any of its affiliates, partners, beneficiaries, organizers etc. liable for any damages, losses, or injuries incurred while on site or participating in the event, at all. We are participating at our own will and understand that, like with every event, there is risk in participation;
8. Neither the Delta Fair nor the committee will be responsible for loss of valuables while contestants are on the Delta Fairgrounds for rehearsal, contest, or the completion of the fair. Once prizes are awarded, the recipient will be held responsible.
9. Each participant will dress in either eveningwear or Sunday best attire. Participants will parade across the stage while selected information from their application is read aloud. Attendants are allowed to accompany participants. Please let your beautiful personality shine.
10. Please have all registration information in by August 16, 2014. We must have this information in order to obtain participation awards.
Mail to: I Am Beautiful 1400 Pecan Trees Germantown, TN 38138